Roof Information Check
Solar PV Systems locations include:
- Flat & Pitched Roofs
- Land (e.g., paddock, sloping bank, unused garden area)
- On the sides of buildings (façade mounted)
Ideal Roof Mounted Site Requirements:
- Roof – is strong enough to support the weight of the system meeting Building Regulations
- System Modules (panels) need to face in a southerly direction ranging from east through south to west. True South is the ideal.
- Modules are pitched between 20º to 50º. 30º is considered the ideal. For flat roofs or land based sites special ‘pitched’ mounting frames can used
- Installation site is not affected by shade, especially between the hours of 9.00am to 3.00pm.
SolarSafe Roof Survey
Installing a solar PV system onto a roof adds about 20Kg per M² to the roof load. It’s imperative that we scientifically assess your roof’s additional load capacity so Building Regulations compliance can be checked and certified by a Chartered Structural Engineer. Overloading a roof can result in serious structural damage which is why we go the extra roof survey mile.